I am incredibly honored to be chosen as the Superintendent of the Quincy School District. I look forward to working with each and every one of you to ensure that all of our students have unlimited opportunities to choose their future, whether it be here in Quincy or in the global economy. After only a few weeks on the job, I have become increasingly excited about the potential of our community to band together in support of students so they achieve at the highest levels. I am extremely impressed with the energy and commitment of the Quincy School District citizens to support our schools to continually improve.
I believe that in order for schools to improve we need to have a strong foundation in place from which to build. Here are things I feel contribute to a strong foundation for improved learning.
- A district office that provides great customer service to schools and parents in support of high quality instruction
- Principals who are strong instructional leaders
- Skilled teachers who know students’ dreams, needs and strengths
- Families and a community members engaged and connected with schools to help students learn
My Initial plan is to listen, learn and observe how we can best move forward collectively. In order to learn from the community, I need to hear from you on how you would answer the following questions:
- What is working in the Quincy School District? What should we continue doing that is serving our students to achieve at high levels?
- What is getting in the way of our students’ success? What should we stop doing or change?
- What advice or ideas do you have for me as the new superintendent?
I look forward to hearing what you have to say. I intend to report back to the school board and community what I have learned. These conversations will help inform our strategic planning process in 2015. I am eager to hear from you, so please give me a call or send me an email to set up a time to talk.
John L. Boyd
Quincy School District
“I believe that it’s almost impossible for people to change alone. We need to join others who will push us in our thinking and challenge us to do things we didn’t believe ourselves capable of.”
- Frances Moore Lappe